Today I just want to motivate you to take ACTION.
I understand the frustrations that you have when it comes to your body. I know all about your insecurities and how hopeless that can feel.
The answer to your body frustrations is to get up and dive into some form of physical activity every single day.
So here’s my pep talk in bullet form: 21 Rewards that you will gain from regular exercise.
Print this list and post it where you’ll see it every day. When you need motivation or encouragement, simply read this list and take action.
- Body Reset: Exercise has been described as a giant reset button. A good workout will block appetite swings, improve your mood and even help you sleep.
- Better Fitting Clothes: Consistent exercise will tone and tighten your body, causing your clothes to not only fit better but to also look nicer.
- Less Stress: You have enough stress in your life-it’s time for a break. A good workout invigorates your muscles leaving you relaxed and less stressed.
- More Energy: WebMD tallied research studies and concluded exercise increases energy levels in sedentary people. Next time you feel fatigued, fight it with the most powerful tool available: exercise.
- Feel Stronger: Exercise improves muscle strength and endurance — two things you use throughout each day. When you exercise consistently you’ll be pleasantly surprised when difficult tasks begin to seem easy.
- Non-Binge Habit: Exercise has a powerful anti-binge effect on the body. This is due in part to an increase in the sensitivity to leptin, a protein hormone, which has an appetite-taming effect.
- Burn More Calories: You know that excess body fat is made up of stored and unused calories. Fight back by burning loads of calories with fat-blasting workouts.
- More Confidence: Who doesn’t wish they walked and talked with more confidence? A consistent exercise program will do just that. As your body becomes more fit your friends and family will notice your confidence is through the roof!
- Have More Fun: Exercise can be a blast! Remember how fun it was to run around as a child? Tap into your inner child as you find a mode of exercise that gets you excited.
- Lower Your Blood Pressure: Exercise has been proven more effective than medication in reducing blood pressure to normal levels. A single workout has been shown to reduce blood pressure for the day and regular exercise reduces overall blood pressure in the long run.
- Jiggle Less: Regular exercise tightens flabby arms, legs and waistlines. So wave goodbye to the jiggles with a solid exercise program.
- Increase Insulin Sensitivity: Researchers at Laval University in Quebec discovered that exercise improved insulin sensitivity dramatically. Peak after-meal insulin levels dropped by more than 20 percent after as little as 3 weeks of consistent exercise.
- Sleep Better: Do you toss and turn for hours before falling asleep? Exercise is a powerful sleep aid. Your tired muscles encourage your body to quickly fall asleep so they can get their overnight repair work done.
- Lower Your Risks: Regular exercise strengthens your heart and makes it more resilient against disease. A sedentary lifestyle is a major risk factor for heart disease, so rest assured that consistent exercise is your ally against disease.
- Feel Fantastic: Vigorous exercise releases natural endorphins (happy hormones) into your bloodstream. And endorphins can dissolve pain and anxiety. You’ve probably heard of ‘runner’s high.’ This can be achieved by any great workout.
- Forget Diabetes: Studies show that exercising as little as half an hour each day can dramatically reduce your risk of diabetes. If you are at risk of diabetes, or already have diabetes, regular exercise is the most effective treatment for reversing the disease.
- Meet Like-Minded People: You could benefit from a group of new, energetic friends, right? Studios, bootcamps, and even “live stream” group workouts are all great places to connect with fun new friends.
- Rock Your Body Composition: You know that maintaining a healthy body composition is key in disease prevention. Exercise is the best way to maintain your healthy levels of lean mass and body fat.
- Increase Endurance: Do you ever get out of breath when walking up stairs or through the mall? Regular exercise builds your endurance for everyday activities.
- Impress Your Doctor: Has your doctor given you the lecture about losing weight and exercising more — even though he or she should probably take the same advice? Exercise regularly, eat right and be a role model for your doctor!
- Just Be Freakin’ AMAZING! — Become super happy with the shape and functionality of your body. Yes, you can be freakin’ amazing on many different levels. Regular exercise works wonders on your entire mind, body and spirit. Let’s GO!
Leave a Comment